Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Hello Beijing!



2010 Winter
Our 8 days educational trip went to Beijing. A city with modern and traditional buildings. On these days, we visited every tourists' spots that are extremely popular. I won't list them all because I don't know the exact English of them. I'll just name a few. For example, Summer Palace (頤和園), Old Summer Palace (圓明園), Palace Museum (故宮), National Aquatics Center (水立方), the Great Wall, and anything you could think of.

There are too many pictures to show you, so I picked the ones I like the most. We had a lot of fun there. :-) We took silly pictures, fooling around which made our teacher really angry, and danced on the Great Wall! We screamed in our hotel rooms and even practiced dancing in the lobby! You may ask "Why practice dancing?" That's another activity I'm going to talk about.

Except the spetacular scenes, we had done something really special that normal people wouldn't have the chance. We went to a senior high school in Beijing called 海淀實驗中學 and got into their classes to take courses with them! Before all of us became classmates, we had a small party. That's why we had to prepare performances. We also played games. It was a lot of fun!


                        


Most people had been mislead by the government that people in China are our enemies. However, this trip has made me realize their hospitality and their enviness to Taiwan's creativity and freedom. To tell the truth, they are just a bunch of happy students. Just like us! The only difference between us was the accent.

Beside all of the above, food, was also an incredible experience. The dumplings from 百餃園, the ducks from 全聚德, etc. The best meal in these days, I think the honor goes to a restaurant called 老舍茶館. The delicacies tasted wonderful and their show was amazing! Face-changing! 變臉 in Chinese. The skill was unbelievable and we were the only crowd that gave them not only applause but also scream.

Too many fun things to talk about! I don't think I have the energy to tell you more. Maybe I will say about other experiences in the nest post. I will just stop here for this time. Hope all of you enjoy my good old time! :-)









2 comments:

  1. It looks like a really interesting trip and wonderful memory with your classmates :)I’ve been to China with the students in our school, too. However, I was not with my classmates but with several students studied in other classes. That was a chance to make friends with students in China during the period of Shanghai Expo. The students there were nice as you said, but what made me most impressed is how they expressed themselves. We, the Taiwanese students, were surely short of the confidence they had. That was actually a fantastic trip and also my good old time :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your Beijing trip sounds really interesting to me! I have never been to China before and I have always longed to go there. However, I enjoyed listening to the stories told by people who had been there. And I regard it as another way to "explore" China that won't cost me a penny:)
    Another thing that made me green-eyed was the happy senior high school life that you've had. As I reall, the most exciting trip during my high school years was the graduation trip. To make matters worse, the happiness of the graduation trip soon subsided as the coming of College Entrance Exam took away all the laughters in our lives:(

    ReplyDelete