Here comes the second part of my service learning!
This time, I became a second grade student and we had to teach our school sisters about this activity. We had to take control and arrange everything.
Before we went to this Dili elementary school in 南投, we had a lot of work to do.
We had to think of subjects to teach the students and activities for them to play. My job was the leader of the activity team and I had to make my partners practice their introduction of the game to the children there. I also need to arrange a little party at the end of this three-day camp. It includes not only being the host but also the orders of the performances and I choreographed few dances.
It had been only three days but took us more than thirty days for preparation. I took on more responsibilities this time. I learned how to get things in order and knew how to be a leader. It was an exhausting experience but very useful indeed.
What's more, I really love the children there. Although they were sometimes really out of control, their sweetness and naive faces always melted my heart. I really hope that I can have another chance to ga back there and have fun with them again.

I think this is really a very wonderful and unforgettable experience for you!:-)
ReplyDeleteI am always eager for a chance to take part in this kind of activities! I think we can not only help the children in the countries, the most important thing is, we can also learn a lot from them! The naive and sweetness face on the children fave are the most valuable things in the world. I am sure that I will enjoy the time being with them!
If you really think so, go and join this kind of activity! I'm sure you won't regret. :)
DeleteHi, Lillian.^^
ReplyDeleteWow, you’re not only a talented girl but an angel! I live in Nantou County, so I know there are many kids don’t have as many resources as children who grow up in cities. It really takes a lot of time to prepare for a camp, especially for elementary school students, because they are full of energy and sometimes out of control.~”~ However, as Lin Chien said, however tired we may be, it deserves when we bring joy to people and learn from the experience at the same time. Preoccupied with heavy load of school work in senior high, I haven’t got a chance to do something meaningful like you, but I think it is time that I dedicated myself into helping people in need.
I was lucky to have the chance to go there. I knew there are many similar activities in NCCU. You can try if you have time. :) It was really a meaningful and unforgettable experience!
Delete