After the trip to Beijing, here comes a trip to Hualian!
However, this was not just a trip, it was a program for us to go to an aboriginal elementary school for service learning! You might ask "What is service learning?" It is an activity for us to teach the students and play with them. Here goes the details!
We prepared for almost one and a half month for this. We arranged teaching courses including English songs, drawing your favorite person etc. We also prepared many games for the kids to have fun during this three-day camp. What's more, we had a great fun party at the last night with the children. We all danced together and they were really good!
Before we did this activity, our teacher had said many times that this wasn't about service, it was a chance for us to learn. I really learned a lot from it! Not only the way how you communicate with children, but also arranging your time and how to organize my work. However, I was just in the first grade in senior high school. The most important parts were done by our school sisters. They already had experieces so they led us and taught us. Next year, it was our time to lead our younger school sisters! I will share what I have learned from it in the next post, and I'm sure it will be more interesting than this one!



Hello~ I went to the elementary school near NCCU to do volunteer services last Saturday. It was my second time to do that and I really learn a iot from it. we taught the students who are 1 grade. They are cute but they are often out of control!!!
ReplyDeleteLast Saturday, I taught them about the specialty goods in Taiwan and it was my first time teaching in front of them. In the beginning, they were totally out of control but when I started my course, I found I can hold the situation! It's a great experience but very tired~
It's never easy to teach young children. Glad you like yours. :)
DeleteI have never been in such an activity before. But I guess that you must make a lot of efforts for the preparation. It contained many funny parts that interest me and that I think those children might be very enthusiastic about.
ReplyDeleteIn my opinion, the best part of this kind of activity ought to be communications among everybody. You can share what exciting, boring, sad, happy, and other experiences during the service learning, can’t we?
Absolutely! It not only contains many kinds of experiences but also many different emotions that last forever. :)
DeleteWow! you are really a kind-hearted girl. And you started service learning so early. This winter I will go to Taichung to join a camp like yours. In the department of education, we have two camps, education camp and love camp. It's also service learning. The front one is for junior high school students, and the other one is for elementary school students. We have to arrange the teaching course and activities, too. Hope I can have a good memory like yours. ^_^
ReplyDeleteIt will be a great experience! Hope you enjoy yours like I did. :)
Delete